Using the Civil Process to Restore Peace and Order
The presentation is modeled after successful landlord notification programs, which serve to put troublesome landlords on notice and open up a line of communication with cooperative landlords.
- Learn how to help cooperative landlords handle problem tenants and compel irresponsible landlords to do the right thing.
- Students will be taught how to use one the most powerful tools in eliminating the public nuisance, Wisconsin’s public nuisance law, chapter 823.
- Review of Landlord-Tenant law. WI Statute Chapter 704 will be taught as another tool to empower the officer in dealing with neighborhood problems.
- The process of eviction is explained along with the actual procedures landlords must follow to evict troublesome tenants.
- Students will learn how to implement a landlord notification program with minimal resources.
- Overview of Green Bay’s nuisance abatement program.
- How to develop your own nuisance abatement program.
- Demonstration of an automated electronic calls for service notification for landlords
Forms and templates will be provided as part of the course materials.